About Your Privacy
- At Sweet Revenge Bake Shop, your privacy is, and always has been, very important to us. We are dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
- “Personal Information” is defined in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5 (“PIPEDA”), as information about an identifiable individual, though it does not include the name, business title, business address or telephone number of employees of organizations.
Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Collecting personal information about you is essential to our being able to provide the products and services that best meet the needs of both yourself and/ or authorized third parties (“Client”). While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates or other third parties.
- Personal information may be used:
a. to determine eligibility for products and services;
b. to process and provide requested information, products or services;
c. to understand and assess Clients’ ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
d. for billing and accounting services relating to our products and services:
e. for Client communication, service and administration;
f. for claims administration;
g. for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes; or
h. to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
3.Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
Consent To Use Personal Information
- Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be in writing (for example in a signed consent, e-mail or application form), or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied. If you need to provide personal information about other individuals (such as employees, dependants, etc.), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us.
- Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or even prevent us from being able to provide you or an authorized third party (such as an employer) with the products or services desired.
- In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn, such as where personal information is required for policy issuance or renewal, insurance underwriting or claims administration of current policies. There are also legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
- In general, the use of our products and services by a customer constitutes implied consent for us to collect, use and disclose personal information for all identified purposes. But, in most cases, our Customer Representatives will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection.
- Customers may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Customers can contact Saskia Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to express their intention to withdraw their consent.
Sharing Personal Information With Others
- We are not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. In providing our services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us.
- In certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
- We may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs, from ourselves, our affiliates or reputable organizations selected by us. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact our Privacy Officer as outlined below in the contact information section.
Keeping Information Accurate
- It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances – simply contact your local office representative.
- Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us.
How We Safeguard Personal Information
- At Sweet Revenge Bake Shop, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
- Our service providers and agents are required to maintain Client confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
- Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- We maintain your personal information until the purpose we have mentioned has been fulfilled. We also take into consideration the amount of time required by law to maintain such records.
- After such time, your personal information will be properly disposed according to our guideline in the destruction of personal information.
How Do We Dispose of Your Private Information?
- We shall destroy, erase, or make anonymous personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes and meeting the required period by law.
Privacy and the Internet
- Sweet Revenge Bake Shop may collect user information from its Web sites (for example, via cookies which are alphanumeric identifiers transmitted from a Web site to a visitor’s browser and IP address). This information is used solely for enabling us to provide you with a customized online experience and to find ways to improve our site. Although cookies are widely used, it may be possible to disable cookies via your browser settings. However, in so doing, some Web sites may not function properly or optimally.
- We will make the effort to respond to all inquiries within the required period provided by PIPEDA. We have put in place a Privacy Officer to look after the implementation and compliance of the Act.